Sunday, February 24, 2008

it wasn't me..




Lord Voldemort preserved his 16 yr old self in a diary which could come out of it and ..(umm for the lack of a better word,) Live. We mere Muggles can only capture our memories into words and preserve them in our diaries! so that when we need to reconnect to ourselves, or get away from the world, or well, just have nothing to do, we can take the cliched 'trip down the memory lane'.

Writing a regular diary can be a little boring. but there are some moments in life ( some sweet incidents, some lessons learnt, or times with queer acquaintances) which u'd want to relive in detail. Some moments which deserve to be more than a vague memory. it's loads of fun to jot them down into ur very personal book, a cute little diary.. and a lot more fun turning those pages sometime later in life.





When i take an occasional peek into one of my 'dear diaries' which i've been writing into and taking a lot of trouble protecting from prying eyes, i'm always surprised. I feel like- "it wasn't me!".. there is a crazy kid, a sweet little girl, a confused adolescent, an ambitious young woman...like lots of people who have written in my diaries. And NOOO i'm not suffering from a multiple personality disorder! it's just that i've changed so much in all these years. The different shades of me which have evolved into the Manasa i know 2day. A record of how wild i was at times, of what kind of unbelievably weird people who came in and out of my life, the little triumphs i'm still proud of, secret crushes, best friends...everything!

I'm not the same person, i don't think like i used to, and well, my perspective is going to keep changing. but thanks to my diaries, i can keep in touch with my life that has been. i can preserve all the moments that made my life special from getting lost into the nothingness called TIME!!!!....

1 comment:

the dish antenna man =D said...

u took the time to capture d pics f ur diaries.....man ur god....