Sunday, January 22, 2012

Totally Tagorified..

There's a line in part 4 of the much loved-hated Twilight series (loved by gals, and equally hated by guys, jealous of Edward ;) ) Bella says "What's the point of getting dressed up with Rosalie in the same room", talking about a ravishingly gorgeous vampire girl, stating the fact that every other girl pales in comparison. I could relate to that emotion, while reading the works of Rabindranath Tagore. His stories tug at your heart-strings, telling tales of delicate human relations. The characters are so real, the backdrop so delightfully rustic, you can’t help but marvel at his genius. His stories showcase the best and worst shades of people. But it was his work, 'My Reminiscences' that has moved me the most. Reading it, my heart filled with joy at the glory of the written word. The beauty of his thought is matched only by the brilliance of his language.

Why would anyone, why should anyone read anything else, when there’s this kind of treasure available… When this thought came, I kinda put away my pen.. (my new wonderful beautiful over-priced fountain pen that makes me feel awfully good) every single day. But then again, I thought of another thing Henry Van Dyke said:

“The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.”

So out came my scribble pad again. :)

No comments: